Exterior shutters in Austin don’t just make your house look great. They can boost its resale worth as well.
There are a few different styles of decorative exterior shutters, which we’ll go over shortly. When you design these shutters for your home, you’ll want to work with a knowledgeable designer, like one from Louver Shop of Austin. We can help you choose and develop the right style for your residence during a free consultation.
Keep reading to discover the most desired types of exterior shutters and the benefits of installing them at your home.
Types of Decorative Exterior Shutters
- Board and Batten Shutters—From large boards to solid battens, these enchanting shutters give a country look. Board and batten shutters complement many home designs, such as traditional, farmhouse, lake and forest homes. They’re frequently found in composite, vinyl and aluminum models.
- Raised Panel Shutters—These are one of the most ordered classic shutter types. Raised panel shutters have solid panels and feature decorative definition. They frequently come in single-, double- and triple-panel designs and work with many architectural styles, both historic and modern. They’re typically sold in composite, vinyl and aluminum models.
- Bahama Shutters—These shutters are great for tropical spots, like coastal or beach residences. Bahama shutters shield against harsh sunshine and allow in cool air. They’re frequently found in aluminum and fiberglass models.
- Louvered Shutters—These are another classic shutter type. Louvered shutters use precise lines that match a wide variety of homes, like historic and contemporary. They’re usually available in aluminum, fiberglass, hybrid and vinyl styles.
At Louver Shop of Austin, our shutters can be customized in decorative and operational types. They can be customized in just about any color or design. You can also make your shutters pop by adding premium hardware, curved tops and more.
3 Perks of Exterior Shutters
- They keep your house cool. If you select an operational shutter type, you can close your shutters during peak summer days to improve your residence’s energy efficiency. By doing so, your home stays cooler while keeping your air conditioning expenses down.
- They give your house a customized style. Once you choose a type, the possibilities are just about endless for shapes, colors and optional hardware. Shutters can make your home look special and be distinctive.
- They can increase your resale price. High-quality exterior shutters, like styles from Louver Shop of Austin, could enhance your house’s value. They’re also an eye-catching enhancement for prospective buyers, particularly when they’re custom.
Quality is significant when you’re wanting to add a permanent improvement to your home’s outside. At Louver Shop of Austin, we make all our exterior shutters in the U.S.. Not only will you receive them faster, they’ll be beautiful for many years.
We also back them with one of the top limited lifetime warranties for shutters, so you won’t have to worry about warping, flaking, peeling or fading that can result with poorly made shutters from overseas.
Whether you’re just beginning with your shutter project or have been dreaming about them for years, our design experts can help. We’re experienced when it includes making beautiful houses happen. Contact us at 888-428-1415 to book your free consultation today!